Monday, July 8, 2013

Page to the Grand Canyon!... Over 4500 Miles!

Well, we made it to the Grand Canyon today and it is so beautiful here!.. No interwebs, and very little cell reception means that this post will be on the slim side.  But I'm going to attempt "borrowing" internet from my phone so I can post some photos with my laptop!

Before leaving Page I took a hike to Horseshoe Bend which overlooks the Colorado River!  What an intense hike!.. Although it was not incredibly far, the 100 degree heat, blazing sunlight, and reflecting heat off the desert sands made for a brutal journey.  But the view at the end was remarkable!.. To see the deep blues and emerald greens of the river was amazing... Not to mention that we had just been floating down that same spot 24 hours earlier!

After Page, we had to take a detour to the Grand Canyon due to major road destruction on Rt. 89 from an avalanche back in March.  But at the Grand Canyon, the immensity of the scenery hushed and humbled everyone.  What a sight to see...
And yes, I even got to play the pipes overlooking the Grand Canyon!

Goodnight for now!
Hopefully we can post more soon...
--JW & SW


No comments:

Post a Comment