Monday, July 29, 2013

7/29 -- Thanks Jarad!

The best part of the entire trip West for me was sharing it with Jarad. He was so enthusiastic about everything!  The parks, the scenery, the animals, the food, the people -- and even the driving!!  
Jarad was a great travel buddy, because he encouraged me to push my limits with the hikes and swims and mule ride. And the 32 foot wooden ladder up to Balcony House at Mesa Verde!  Yet he also respected my limits when I was tired.
He was the chief baggage schlepper, gas pumper, and music meister.  Anyone who can jump out of a car at a moment's notice and play bagpipes is pretty special 
With his eagle eyes, Jarad was the one to spot details, especially wild animals. Then he took the most amazing photos!
Jarad also did more than half the driving. 
But what meant the most to me was Jarad's patience. He never rushed me to leave a beautiful scene (or fun gift shop!)
Our paces were in sync, from bedtimes to rising times to meal times. We could sit together in silence taking in our favorite views. And Jarad put up with, even joined in with, my reminiscences. 
Bless you Jarad. Thank you!  I love you!  Let's do it again sometime soon!  

2 comments:

  1. You have a great son, and none of these wonderful qualities surprise us a bit! It was so nice to follow your journey and see all the amazing pictures :)

    -The Martins

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys are too awesome! Thank you SO much for following our blog and all the really nice comments :)

    See you Sunday for Comic Con! :D

    <3 Jarad

    ReplyDelete